Friday, September 17, 2010

YPC & Diversity




By Meredith Supinski

Something just clicks when I hear the words "diverse" and "different." It instantly makes me want to participate. I like being different, even though I don't fully understand why. I've learned in classes at school and in life, that when everything is the same, it just does not work to its full ability, and usually ends up falling apart. That's why YPC is so important, because anyone can start an organization, but the real goal is making it an organization that is constantly challenged by the diverse people involved in it. I feel that Erie is a very diverse city with many cultures represented, but to be diverse is sometimes thought to be a bad thing. YPC nourishes the idea of diversity, and lets it grow into something that gives young people opportunities that they would not have without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment