Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reflections from Past Choir Camps...

YPC Erie Choir Camp is not only a time to grow as a family, as a singer, and as an individual, it is a time to reflect on life. Choir Camp not only helped me to enhance qualities like leadership, communication and patience, it allowed me to create lifelong connections. I have never been to a more meaningful camp in my entire life. I always look forward to the week in August- to me it's more exciting that Christmas. I love being able to spend so much of each day singing, laughing, making new friends and strengthening my old friendships. Those that attend Choir Camp always inspire me to be a better person, to work harder and to love more deeply. Not only do you get to learn amazing music, you get to learn things about yourself and develop skills that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Reflecting back on my past 2 years of Choir Camp I can see how much I have grown, and have watched the YPC Erie family grow- and I can't wait to see what this year brings. I'm counting down the days, and hope that you are too.

Below I'm including some of my favorite singing/choir quotes, and some of my favorite photos from Choir Camp!

With love and song,
Sarah Mobley

"Those who wish to sing always find a song."
"I don't sing because I'm happy; I'm happy because I sing." ~William James
"Life is a song. Love is the music."
"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment